Monday 12 March 2007

Deirdre Questionnaire response

1. How easy was it to open the phone: [b] - comfortable

2. On opening the phone how easy was it to read the contact names: [a] - easy

3. When operating the key pad how easy was it to press the buttons: [a] - easy

4. How easy was it to maneuver through the list of contacts to find the one you wanted: [b] - comfortable

5. How easy was the phone to hold, to your ear, when making a call: [a] - easy

6. After pressing the middle button to make the call how easy was it to hear the person on the other end: [b] - audible

7. How easy was it to close the phone to finish a call: [a] - easy


· Adding a new number from contact card:

1. How did you find adding a contact to your phone: [b] – comfortable


· Dealing with a miss call:

1. How did you find handling with a miss call: [b] – comfortable


· Using the volume button:

1. How easy was it to locate the volume wheel: [b] – comfortable

2. How easy was it to use the volume wheel: [b] – comfortable


These are questions for the base’s functionality:

· Recharging the phone:

1. How easy is it to place the phone onto the base: [a] – easy

2. How clear is the beep that signals a connection with the base when the phone is placed on its holder: [a] – clear

· Adding/deleting a new contact:

3. How easy is it to use the buttons on the base to type in a new name and number: [a] – easy

4. How easy is it to read the text displayed on the screen of the base: [b] – comfortable

5. How easy is it to add a new contact to the phone: [b] – comfortable

7. How easy was it to pick up the phone from the base:[b] – comfortable

Any other comments:

The phone itself looks very modern and I have never encountered a flip phone before so this was a completely new concept for me to grasp. The phone was a little bit tricky to open as especially when receiving a call i could get it half way, but then i sometimes lost my grip and the phone shut, ending the call and not leaving any evidence of who has called. Once i got used to it the phone got a lot easier to use. The address book is really good as it means that I don't have to remember peoples numbers, and makes my life easier. Entering the numbers on the base is a very good idea as it means that I don't have to mess around with menus on the phone itself. The base is very good and will be a good replacement for our current cordless house phone, however i'm glad that we can still use our old phone as it has taken me long enough to get used to it! As I didn't have a mobile phone before, I didn't think that I would benefit from having one, but now when i go to the hairdressers I can give my husband a call when I have finished, which saves him waiting around. It also enables me to get in touch with him when he is out walking the dog, and my piece of mind has increased as a result. I think that the phone is a great idea and taking it out is mainly just for emergencies at the moment, but as the phone doubles as a house phone it has encouraged me to just keep it in my pocket all of the time. Having one for me and one for my husband is quite tricky as when someone calls and we both try to answer, I didn't know whether he was going to pick it up as well. Calling out doesn't have the same problem though with multiple outgoing calls being possible, and I think that this is a great feature.

No comments: